WORKPLACE RETIREMENT PLAN ANALYSIS & RECOMMENDATIONS
YOUR LIKELY MOST IMPORTANT RETIREMENT ASSET MAY NEED CLOSE ATTENTION.
In many cases, your tax-advantaged workplace retirement plan (401k, 403b, 457, TSP) will become your largest and most important retirement asset. Yet often, many people spend most of their time agonizing about investment decisions in a much smaller brokerage account instead of thinking about and establishing good allocation and investment habits within the account that is likely to make the biggest difference between a comfortable retirement and a stress-filled, financially unstable last third of life. What usually determines if people are optimally invested are workplace retirement plans.
The challenge is that you can only select from a menu of choices your employer and plan provider offer. Some menus are extensive while others restrictive; some have higher quality choices, while others far inferior quality options. There is a wide variation in both the number and the quality of investment choices from one plan to another.
An Anglia Advisors CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional will closely study the available investment choices within your plan, run a fully customized analysis of the features of each choice, and, after gathering data on your particular circumstances, provide a written report on that analysis. From there, your advisor will make an asset allocation recommendation of which investment option(s) is most suitable for you, not only for the money already invested but also for all future contributions and for any company matches that might be offered.
This way, you can be confident that you will always be invested and contributing to likely your most important investment account in line with the recommendations of a certified, experienced investment professional.
At the same time, the report will outline and discuss the general features of tax-advantaged workplace retirement plans, some rules, costs, and risks associated with them, and some strategies and pitfalls of which you should be aware. Additionally, this report will address the choices you face with your retirement plan when changing employers.
Who can benefit from the Workplace Retirement Plan Analysis & Recommendations?
– Anyone with access to a workplace retirement plan – 401(k), 403(b), 457 plan, or Thrift Savings Plan.
– Anyone needing guidance about which of the available investment options is most suitable for the assets invested in the plan and whether their current allocation is optimal.
– Anyone needing guidance about the optimum investment choice for future contributions and company match, if any.
– Anyone needing guidance about how much to contribute to a workplace retirement plan and with what frequency.
– Anyone needing to learn more about the features of tax-advantaged workplace plans, what strategies can be adopted, what the costs and risks are, and what behaviors should be avoided (such as taking loans from the plan).
– Anyone with old 401(k)s or 403(b)s still held at a previous employer and wants advice on whether to consolidate these accounts, how to go about it, and how a new asset allocation should look.
Tell me more about the Workplace Retirement Plan Analysis & Recommendations!
– A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional will run an analysis of each of the investment choices in your plan, comprised of each fund’s holdings, the cost of holding the investment, and the risks associated with each investment option and present you with a customized report.
– The report will contain a specific recommendation for an allocation for all the assets already invested in the plan, taking into account your time horizon, outside assets, and risk tolerance/risk capacity.
– The report will contain specific recommendations for the optimal contribution amount, contribution frequency, and recommended investment choices for all assets to be contributed to the plan going forward. These include both your own contributions and those associated with a company match, if any, and also take into account your time horizon, outside assets, risk tolerance/risk capacity. Note: this recommended allocation may differ from the recommendations for the existing assets.
– The report will also contain significant general information on the landscape of tax-advantaged workplace retirement plans, including the tax rules, contribution limits, consequences of early withdrawals, conditions of taking of a loan from the plan, required minimum distributions, rollovers, and what to do when you change employer.
– Anglia Advisors’s fiduciary responsibility extends to all engagements with Workplace Retirement Plan clients as well as to full plan clients.
– As a Registered Investment Advisor, the same state regulatory oversight over Anglia Advisors and the same disclosures, mandatory contractual and client engagement documentation obligations apply with Workplace Retirement Plan clients as with full plan clients.
As a Registered Investment Advisor, Anglia Advisors is NOT permitted to offer direct tax advice, legal advice or medical advice, either domestic or international, and no firm communications of any kind (written, media, electronic or verbal) should be construed as such.